556 ACSR Ratchet Cutter 1.6”
This rugged cutter is designed to cut the following:
• ACSR power cable up to and including 556 kcmil
• 500 kcmil hard drawn electrical conductors 1.40 in. (35,6 mm) maximum outside diameter
• 750 kcmil soft drawn electrical conductors 1.60 in. (40,6 mm) maximum outside diameter
• Self-support (figure 8) telecommunications cable 1.74 in. (44,2 mm) with a maximum support messenger size of .276 in. (7mm)
• Overall length 18 in. (457 mm)
Note: Do not exceed these maximum cutting capacities for this tool or tool damage will occur.
When cutting with this tool, observe the following important directions:
• The cable must enter into the jaws of the tool exactly perpendicular (90 degrees) to the cutting blades so as to result in a circular cross-section cut.
• When cutting self-support cable, always orient the supporting strand so it faces the handles for maximum leverage.
• If you encounter excessive cutting resistance, use a one click cutting cycle until the cutter moves freely.
• Tighten the fulcrum nut periodically and keep the handle bolts tight. The tool will not operate properly unless the fulcrum nut is at least 15 ft-lbs. (20 Newton meters).
• Blades made from 6150 alloy stee
Cancer and reproductive harm – See www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
for more information.
If you require next day air, order before 12 pm EST, and we ship the same day. All regular freight orders will ship the next day. Speak to a Craftworktools customer service representative toll-free at 1-877-511-0677 (M-F 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Eastern time).