556 ACSR Ratchet Cutter 1.6”
This rugged cutter is designed to cut the following:
• ACSR power cable up to and including 556 kcmil
• 500 kcmil hard drawn electrical conductors 1.40 in. (35,6 mm) maximum outside diameter
• 750 kcmil soft drawn electrical conductors 1.60 in. (40,6 mm) maximum outside diameter
• Self-support (figure 8) telecommunications cable 1.74 in. (44,2 mm) with a maximum support messenger size of .276 in. (7mm)
• Overall length 18 in. (457 mm)
Note: Do not exceed these maximum cutting capacities for this tool or tool damage will occur.
When cutting with this tool, observe the following important directions:
• The cable must enter into the jaws of the tool exactly perpendicular (90 degrees) to the cutting blades so as to result in a circular cross-section cut.
• When cutting self-support cable, always orient the supporting strand so it faces the handles for maximum leverage.
• If you encounter excessive cutting resistance, use a one click cutting cycle until the cutter moves freely.
• Tighten the fulcrum nut periodically and keep the handle bolts tight. The tool will not operate properly unless the fulcrum nut is at least 15 ft-lbs. (20 Newton meters).
• Blades made from 6150 alloy stee
Order before 12 pm EST, we ship the same day. Speak to a Craftworktools customer service representative
toll-free at 1-877-511-0677 (M-F 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Eastern time).